Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Dream

"GOOD morning, ladies and gentlemen. We are delighted to welcome you aboard Northwest Airway. Our flight time will be of 7 hours and 45 min...Thank you!" I am now in the flight, and heading to the U.S.?", I talked to myself. Yes, I am. I have never plan to study abroad and leave my country. Why I am here? It is because of my "DREAM" and definitely it brought me here. I have a dream, I hope I could be an actuary. When I have figured out my future, I tried to search the materials related to this field. Unfortunately, I can't take a course in my country's colleges or universities because there are not offering this field to the degree seeker. Consequently, I am taking the American transfer degree.

It is about 30 days I have been in Eau Claire. I have found out there are many differences to study in U.S. compare to my country, Malaysia. For instance, the way of teaching, the big classes, making friends , the foods and so on so for. From the beginning, I found the difficulty to live here and I couldn't get used it. I couldn't understand the professors teaching. I dare not to give my opinion in such a big class.
I don't like bun, toast and the fried foods. I miss Malaysia, I miss home, and I miss my lovely family members. One thing has inspired me, that is my dream! Started on that day, I always remind myself; no matter how hard it is I have to be succeed and become an actuary. Today, I find myself have been adjusted well to here even though it is only a short period. My host friend said that I was adapting well and going to live like the American soon.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I really liked learning about your trip here and the reasons you came. It's so great you have a dream like that and are doing so much to reach it. I'm glad you are adjusting to american culture because I'm sure its very difficult. I bet you miss your food from home but hopefuly there are some things here that you enjoy other than all the fried foods. You have a good start to your blog!

Jessie Fung said...

wow!!!tiffany!!!ur bckgd is so peaceful!!!the baby boy is so cute!!!>V<.....
i love hot food!!but i think i don't like ur spicy food!!!hahaha!!it's really spicy!!!hahaha!!!however..the food that u cooked in mayumi's party is really good!!! :D love u girlie!!!:D

kyoko said...

Hey tiffany~!!
My major is still undeclared so I think your dream is amazing.
When you're home sick you know who to talk to!!
ME~!!!! haha
BTW the food today was awesome!! great job!!
See you tomorrow!

Dawn Ding said...

Hi Tiffany! I found it hard to get used to here at the beginning,but as time goes by, it becomes more and more smooth. I believe this happens to you too!Wish you dream come true and have a good time here!

Professor Johnson said...

So far, your blog has the most originality! Wow, I am impressed.

So the degree of acturary has something to do with Math, right?

From the comments, you must like to cook. Is that correct?

Over The Rainbow - Angela Zhang